Welcome! Whether you are a church member, regular
AGE GROUPS - We currently have programs for:
- Infants (The Forest Room) Ages 6 weeks to 24 months (click on "Infants" on the right side of this page)
- Toddlers (The Lake Room) Ages 2 & 3 years old
- Preschool (The Farm Room) Ages 4 & 5 years old (click on "Preschool" on the right side of this page)
- School-age children (click on "Elementary" on the right side of this page). Ages 6 years and older
TIME - Check in for children (5 years and younger) begins at 10:10 on Sunday mornings. Just take a left as soon as you walk in the front entrance and enter the hall on the far left side of the lobby.
SAFETY - Your child's safety is our highest priority. We take extended precautions to ensure that each and every child under our care has a safe and fun experience. Our safety measures focus on three main areas:1. Volunteer Screening Process. We require that all children's ministries volunteers go through a background check that is updated annually. After this step, new volunteers must go through an interview process with the Director of Children's Ministries to make sure we are all on the same page with the overall goal of Green Mountain Kids, some key philosophies about children, and the importance of discipleship and evangelism.
2. Paging/Protection System. Before children enter into the classroom, parents are asked to check them into the attendance sign-in sheet, where they receive a bracelet with a numbered tag. Each classroom for children five and under is equipped with a transmitter where we can enter in a child's bracelet number (or an emergency number for a group of first responders) and the parent will see the number flash onto two screens on each side of the sanctuary above the emergency exits. This indicates that their child or child's teacher needs their assistance. The second purpose that the bracelet serves is it assigns a specific adult who is responsible for each child. At the end of the service when a parent/guardian comes back to the classroom to pick up their child, they MUST be in possession of the bracelet that has the number corresponding to what is written on the sign-in sheet. This means that nobody except the adult who signed the child in and received the bracelet will be able to take the child from the classroom.
3. Allergy Safety Precaution. We offer only Chex Cereal and water for snacks. The exception to this rule is the Nursery, where some babies bring their own snacks from home, and where we also offer Cheerios (they are easier to gum for new chewers). When children register upon their first visit, parents can tell us about their allergies in writing. We post this information on their sign-in sheet as well as on their name tag so volunteers are aware of allergies and/or food intolerances that they should be aware of if symptoms arise.
To find out more about our ministry programs, check out the menu options on the right side of this page.